Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine appears frozen. Going to check it out soon but if shot, other than ebay, any sources?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Try Marbles Motors, he sells the cables as singles or as a group if you want to replace more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Common Motor Collective might have one. Or try Scrambler Cycle. Maybe calling some Honda shops with the OEM number (17910-312-000) might turn up some old vintage inventory. I found one up in Steamboat and the parts guy (kid) gave me a deal cause he said, "it sure has been here a while. It's, like, gray".

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If it's a stock cable for stock carburetors, there's also 4into1.com - I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them, lots of it OEM Honda stuff, and their service has been good and their pricing on par with most other places. I've found many Common Motor prices to be higher than others, depending on what you're looking for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the tips. Yep, I tried 4into1 but they don't have a stock length cable. Tom, I agree about 4into1 being a good supplier. I've bought lots from them and been very happy. I just checked Randy's site. He has them for $35. I have to drain remove the tank & see if my cable is repairable. If not, I think Marbles is da man. I think I also need a new laptop. You have no idea how many typos I've had to fix to make this reply. Dang keyboarddd!

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well my throttle cable is ok. The carbs were frozen! The part called a valve set (the part that goes up & down) was rather firmly stuck down. Both of them. They were so stuck, the cable couldn't lift them. I pulled the air filters and accessed the carb throats. I lightly lifted the "valves" with a screw driver and up they popped. I then hit them with little bit of PB Blaster. I don't know why they got stuck. I use premium gas and StarTron enzyme fuel treatment. The treatment is supposed to prevent ethanol problems. Maybe it does and creates other problems?

I loosened and lifted the carb valves so they weren't a major part of the cable movement and the throttle cable doesn't feel smooth. In comparison, my 75 CB400F feels like butter and it has to move 4 carbs. Maybe it is time to order a new cable?

I pulled the valves out & found some gummy coating on them. Laquer thinner cleans it of easily. Anyone have an idea what it is?
Auto part Metal Pipe Steel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts