Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Melt down Vintage Bike Show

I'm working hard to get my motor and bike back together in time for this event. If you've never been to Hendersonville, NC it is surrounded by beautiful twisty country roads and is close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, NC, Dupont State Forest and Pisgah National Forest and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. This area is also known as the Land of Waterfalls for good reason.

From the website:
Ton-Up Highlands and the Southern Appalachian Brewery will again host the finest selection of vintage motorcycles in the region! In years past, over 1000 vintage bikes, representing over a dozen marques, were gathered in historic Hendersonville, North Carolina. Enthusiasts from 6 states enjoyed the beauty and history of these remarkable machines.

Enjoy live music, good food, vendors, and, of course, the best beer around!

All pre-1980 & retro-modern bikes will be eligible for trophies in a variety of classes. Check back here often as we'll be updating details. See you in April!

·
Premium Member
680 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
I wonder what is considered "Vintage" these days? 20 years? 30 years? IDK.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All true statements by mountaingoat. The Meltdown is a good show, it gets bigger every year. Great variety of bikes to look at, plenty of Hondas, good food, camaraderie, and Beer! I hope to attend again this year. While you are in the area I also suggest the Greenhouse Moto Cafe https://www.citizen-times.com/story...eenhouse-moto-cafe-open-mills-river/82336172/
12ozPBR I lived in Arden from 2000 to 2004 then bought a house on Finley Cove Road in Hendersonville ( fantastic road to ride) and lived there from 2004 to 2008 until a new job moved me and my family to Denver, CO. I moved to Tennessee in 2016. I sure do miss Hendersonville though and would move back there in a heartbeat if the right opportunity came along. I still visit the area fairly often for mountain biking and friends. I’ll be sure to check Greenhouse Moto Cafe next time I’m in town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts