Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Well, the gasket/seal set for a CM40 carb ( 16010-413-405) is $44.68 vs $31.25 at Partzilla. A cylinder head for a CL77 is $2400 but, if they actually have one........................................

If nothing else their fiche goes back to the early models (which many do not) so we can at least find the part numbers.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Just for fun I looked up a ca160 handle bar and they list one but I dont have $256.21 to order it to see if they have it.

Im with J-T at least they have part numbers. I looked at the customer reviews and all it said was they had a 9 out of ten rating but didnt see any actual reviews.

Bill

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent tehm a message asking if they actually had the part I'm interested in. I got a rapid response saying they will check with supplier on Monday and get back to me.

Holding my breath.

Sean

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think they are just a web-site that will try to find what you order.
They probably have no parts, just a site.

Reactions: jd50i

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Notice that in the "about us" page they list the Russians as IT partners... and it shows they have warehouses in Delaware, Japan and Russia. Says they went worldwide in 2014

·
Registered
475 Posts
Checked their prices against a few parts I bought this week off of E-bay for a project I'm currently working on. Megazip was consistently 30% higher, so I'd guess they're probably just a parts broker. Which may be OK if you need something you're not willing to spend time searching for yourself. Also the most common complaint was delivery time, which could also be attributed to getting the parts themselves.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent tehm a message asking if they actually had the part I'm interested in. I got a rapid response saying they will check with supplier on Monday and get back to me.

Holding my breath.

Sean
Response from Megazip (The part was a CB450 Swing arm collar):

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, spare part, which you need, is not available and can not be supplied. We apologize for inconvenience. We will delete it from our catalogue.

Best regards,
Anna
This and a few web reviews confirms most of the concerns/comments above. I wouldn't send them any money before confirming they actually have the part, as one or two peple have found a refund slow/difficult to get.

Sean

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
An excuse-laden response like that seems pretty typical for a possible scam from that region. Looks like they're paying attention to things that become popular on this side of the world and, like so many other things recently discovered (social media influences on our election results, banking system invasions and thefts and God knows what else yet to be exposed), are potentially taking advantage of a situation. So, a little research shows these results for the address on the About Us page given as the "USA Warehouse & Packaging Center, 600 Centerpoint Blvd, New Castle, DE, 19720"

https://www.superpages.com/bp/new-castle-de/llc-qwintry-L2716339094.htm

https://www.google.com/maps/place/600+Centerpoint+Blvd,+New+Castle,+DE+19720/@39.659189,-75.5935907,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c7038e7942f54f:0x94990c4f5c0103d1!8m2!3d39.659189!4d-75.591402

https://logistics.qwintry.com/how-to-start

So, either they are faking having a US warehouse or they're using the package and mail facility at that address as part of their "operation"... sounds as legit as having a UPS or PostNet mailbox address as your corporate location

·
Registered
1 Posts
Order №428452-1

I ordered a fan shroud and a vacuum hose for my lexus is300 because their website showed the cheapest shipping cost of any website.

I paid $221.70 but they asked me for another 40 bucks because Fedex will charge them extra for volumetric weight. I didn't want to pay that and i've been trying to contact them to be refunded for days with no avail.

I made another account and ordered other small items and paid for them. They are answering here but not answering on the other account where i'm asking for my refund.

They also repeated the same thing and after payment for the other order, they asked for some more.

The only reason you would look on foreign websites is because the item isn't in stock where you live. You will be twice as angry when such a thing happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts