Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know an easy way to measure the throttle grip play? my manual says i should be between 10-15 degrees, but i'm not quite sure how to be accurate measuring degrees...

also, as far as adjusting the throttle cable goes...
i know there's one throttle cable adjuster right under the handlebar on the throttle side. but can somebody explain the adjusters on the top of each carb? the throttle cable runs down to the carbs and into the carb/throttle slides. underneath the rubber cap with the red line on it (in the picture attached) there is some kind of adjuster screw through which the throttle cable is running as it makes its way into the slide. i'm guessing it's another throttle cable adjuster, but i'm not sure what to do with it...get it hand tight, leave it a couple turns loose, etc. help!

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ignore the first part of my post--about measuring the 10-15 degrees. i wasn't exactly thinking clearly when i posted! i've got that part figured out. but the adjusters near the carbs are still a mystery to me...

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
They are used to synchronise the carbs.... After the "splitter", you have two cables (one to each carb).....They MAY have differing amounts of slack, and should be adjusted using the carb-top adjusters so the slides both move evenly and start moving at the same time.......... :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, 66Sprint. So the carb-top adjusters have nothing to do with the amount of free play in the throttle grip? They control the slides going up and down and moving evenly? is there a standard setting for them? i'm inclined to turn them both in tight and only adjust them if the slides are moving unevenly. does that make sense? or will that, in fact, effect the amount of play in the throttle cable?

It's amazing that you can own a bike for a year, see these two little adjusters a handful of times but never think much about them or their function! Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts