Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this for $350 from a guy who was going to bob it. Bike runs well and has 9,000 miles on the clock.

We have the frame off now and are detabbing and stripping paint.

Any tips or suggestions on wiring and building a brat seat would extremely helpful as this is my first build. Also my first time as a forum member and haven't really figured out the full power of it yet.

There is no kickstart, so it'll be electric start only with head light and brake light only(no turn signals).

IMG_3259.JPG IMG_3260.JPG IMG_3315.JPG IMG_3316.JPG

·
Registered
107 Posts
sweet... how heavy was your engine? I am thinking of doing my own frame strip and I dont have a garage only a basement I would have to lug that thing to

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We actually lifted the bike onto a milk crate and unbolted the engine mounts and lifted the frame straight off while the engine sat in the milk crate. The engine probably weighs between 150-200 pounds. You definitely want to get a buddy to help if you want to try and carry it somewhere.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I used a motorcycle jack. Unbolted everything and rolled it out. That (used) jack was the best $25 bucks I spent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! The guy had another project and needed to get rid of mine so I basically stole it. I'd love to see yours when you're done

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I hope you repair the ruined rear of that frame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@j. Wright- I'm doing a low cost cafe build with it.

@dtsmjr8dan- Yes. I'm building a whole new seat pan so I can hide the battery etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts