Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of wiring my cafe racer and this is the ignition I currently have. (Different colored wires than the original harness) Unfortunately the wire colors do not match my wiring diagram and I'm having trouble moving forward. Can anyone possibly match these up correctly for me? It would be a huge help! I have 2 Brown wires and 2 Black wires. This ignition doesn't have the Brown and White wire or the Black and White wire.aThank you in advance.

·
Read Only
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Such a huge community and I can't get 1 response here? I find this group very unsupportive for rookie bike owners.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
It would help to know which bike you are working on.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I'll take a stab at it: Someone has changed some wires, you need to get a test light or ohm meter first then do some testing. With the key off there will be continuity between the green wire (ground) and one of the black wires, this will be the "black/white" wire(ignition kill). The other black wire will link up to the red (battery) wire with the switch turned on. With the switch in park position there will be continuity between the red wire and the brown wire, the remaining brown wire is the "brown/white" that goes to the light switch.

·
Read Only
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate the response. I'll have to learn how to check things that way. Part of the process I guess. Was also hoping someone had the same bike or ignition and could just turn it over and match the wires on the back lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Red battery power wire is correct,
The Green ground wire is correct
The left side Black power output wire is correct
The right side Black wire is the Black w/White CDI ground, connects to Green in the key OFF position
The Browns I'm not positive of but I think the right hand one that connects to the short jumper is the Brown w/White taillight circuit and the other brown is Brown light circuit.
The switch I'm comparing to is a much later version where Honda cheated and connected both browns to the Black eliminating the Park position taillight.
Check your conversations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts