Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I Have a copy of the 75-76 CB500t service manual. It is very similar to the digital CB450 service manual above.
However, if anyone needs a particular page scanned of the CB500t manual, let me know.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
thanks for these!

mr holler...anyway i can get a copy of that 500t service manual?
i have the clymer's (hard copy), and this download. but the service manual
would be great bonus.
thanks

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Here is a collection of CB500t stuff I have gotten together

Honda CB500t Service Manual.pdf

Honda Cb500t Parts List

1979 Honda Common Tool Manual.pdf

I also made some cover art for the links but i cant seem to figure out this bbcode to have an image link to a file.
Can one of the moderators edit my post and have it show like HerrDeacon's above?
PM me instructions as i have more stuff I want to post like this.

·
Premium Member
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks dwholler, that's excellent! I just edited your post to make them look similar to mine above. Here is the way its done (posting here so others can use it as well if they want). Basically you have to wrap a URL tag around your IMG tag. The URL tag needs to be slightly modified so the actual URL is not shown, this is done by putting the URL inside the starting tag right after an equal sign. See below example. Please let me know if it isn't clear.

Code:
[b]Honda CB500t Service Manual.pdf[/b]
[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74288863/CB500t_Service_Manual_Complete.pdf]
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74288863/mancover.jpg[/img]
[/url]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Manuals - Basic operating manual?

I've got a 69 K1 CB450 on the way and was wondering if there is such a thing as a basic operating manual that exists ie: how to kick start, fuel on and off, all that basic stuff - or have I just not looked closely enough in the workshop manuals linked here?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carnaby, that kind of info is something that would be found in the owner's manual that comes with the bike when you buy it. We do have a couple of these type files for some bikes, but I don't believe we have one for the 450. This site has this type info for the K5, but it should be pretty similar: http://www.cb450stuff.com/manual/index.htm

If anyone has an electronic owner's manual, feel free to add a link.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Off the top of my head I can't think of any differences in the starting procedure on the K1 and K5. Steering lock at the front fork looks a little different but works the same, there is no brake light contact on the front brake on the K1 and the K1 has drum front brakes while the K5 has disc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks guys, good to know.
I've just learnt the bike has no manual or service history (how did i not ask earlier!?!) but said this: "No manual and no service history, she starts easy with a little choke at the moment but that could be a bit different after the service. What I can say is that it has been looked after, when we went to clean the oil slinger it was just about clean which indicates that someone has been doing it in the past. This is a good sign that it has been maintained, cams look good with no excessive wear, pretty sure we have the “rattle” under control as the cam chain was loose, we adjusted it but wont know until we start her up. We have the wheels out and both front and back brake linings are virtually new another good sign."

Anyway, from the looks of the K5 manual you linked there is no kick start instructions unless I haven't looked properly. I have heard there can be quite an art to the kick start of an old bike so any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

PS: Bump this post if its cluttering up the wrong forum - apols.

·
Premium Member
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just wanted to let you know the first two manuals (Honda CB CL450 Service Manual.pdf and Honda CB450 CB500T Service Manual 1965-77.pdf) on the first page have been updated to allow text searching.

Doccerz graciously took the time to do this for these two manuals, should make them much easier to use. Thank you very much Doccerz!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just picked up a 1972 CL450. The bike is in boxes and milk crates... Really need a service manual.... Are any links available?
thanks
Iain

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts