Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from SE Pennsylvania!

I finally took ownership of a $0 1970 Honda CB350. Bike is super crusty, so going to be tearing this thing down to the frame, top and bottom engine rebuild, and more replacement parts then you want to know.

So there will be parts available if anyone is in the market to trade, not really interested in selling, want to pass on the generosity since this bike was donated to me.

I've been reading through this site for months now, waiting to rescue this bike, and now it's finally home, and I'm glad to have found such a great resource to help me through this rebuild.

I think I'm going to officially name the build "the traitor" since much of the bike will be replaced.

I know there are a lot of purists on here, and I appreciate those builds, and if this build goes well, I plan on going through a restoration on another bike down the road. This one is going the Cafe route since so much needs to be replaced.

Glad to be a part of this forum, looking forward to the journey.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know you all will provide!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I'm going to go with you don't really know RUSTY & CRUSTY when you see it.
The Pic's of your bike are of a very nice project ready for restoration.
I would say i can say that from expirence as I've attached some pic's of what my son & I started with and what we eneded up with.

DSC_0001.JPG
3.jpg
DSC_1495.jpg
DSC_1968 (2).jpg

You never know until you try

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to the build.

I will watch for what you will be passing on, as I need some stuff CB350 related, just don't know what till it pops up.

Good luck.

This is my 350 project:::::

Attachments

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Welcome from SW Pennsylvania. Looks like the start of a good project, I'll be folowing along. I also was given one of those "free" bikes (avatar). Hopefully you got a title in the deal.

.....Paul

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yendor - you are right, those bikes you've done are just about in the same condition as this bike. Awesome work there, now you got me thinking..... I still have time to decide which way to go on this bike. This year is going to be strip down to frame and tear down the engine, and rebuild. We will see how far I get this year. Really just want to focus in on the engine this spring/summer.

Budlight - damn that looks like one hell of a project, I'll def keep you in mind before I get rid of anything, looks like you need a lot!

05c50 - yup, got me a clean title. Bike was actually registered in 04, still had the plate on it. Even found the guys learners permit in the tool box. I opened that up in the hopes that I might score the original tool kit, no such luck, but the previous owner was happy to see the pics of his old learners permit.

Amazon and harbor freight are my new best friends

Oh and evapo rust, gonna use a lot of evapo rust, lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts