Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased (2) after market Carburetor Rebuild Kits, each has a Bowl O-Ring that does not fit properly, will require some manipulation to seat properly. Can you use or is there such a thing as an O-Ring adhesive you can apply to the substrate to force the O-Ring to seat properly?

Thanks,
Bryan Menard
Lake Jackson, TX

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I've seen some carb kits where the bowl 'O' ring is the shape of the bowl and I've seen many more that just use an 'O' ring and you fit it to the groove. Usually they stay pressed into the groove well enough to mount the float bowl. If not, I've used some grease or Vasaline to help keep it secure during the float bowl mounting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think I figured out the non fitting gasket thing. The first carbs for CB/CL carbs had a different bowl. It's 6 sided instead of 5. I was working with one and the round bowl gaskets fit fine. They are too big for the later 5 sided carb bowls that most folks have. You can get 5 sided carb gaskets that fit great. Look up Kawasaki (yes I know) part number 16019-024

Edy

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Some people use rubber cement, some use rubber grease, someone even used superglue...in any event it will be fiddley, be patient ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
2 words super glue.

Just a couple dots here and there in the corners.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Dirtbag said:
2 words super glue.

Just a couple dots here and there in the corners.
+1. works a treat for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts