Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Mac 2 into 1 exhaust system for my CB350 engine. It didn't come with installation instructions so I took an educated guess which I think was wrong.

It looks like the exhaust headers eliminate the need for the collars that go over the copper gaskets in the engine. I have the stock circular flanges installed under the mount (pictured) but I am starting to think these are not supposed to be installed with the Mac exhaust.

Does anyone know if the flanges are necessary or not? I tried looking up photos of this specific exhaust but couldn't find any I could see clearly.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I bought a new Mac 2 into 1 exhaust system for my CB350 engine. It didn't come with installation instructions so I took an educated guess which I think was wrong.

It looks like the exhaust headers eliminate the need for the collars that go over the copper gaskets in the engine. I have the stock circular flanges installed under the mount (pictured) but I am starting to think these are not supposed to be installed with the Mac exhaust.

Does anyone know if the flanges are necessary or not? I tried looking up photos of this specific exhaust but couldn't find any I could see clearly.
First, the picture is black on black with limited illumination in the area so it's difficult to see everything clearly - but if we had pictures of the exhaust off the bike it would be easier to tell what hardware from the stock exhaust would be necessary. The "collars" (#2 in the link below) are the half-pipe sections that help push the gasket-sealing end of the pipe into the copper gaskets in the head. the pipes looks like they have their own "flange" built onto the end of the pipe (Honda calls them "joints", #1 in the link below) so no, the finned flanges wouldn't be necessary. If you can still move the pipes in and out of the head a bit while it's bolted in the way we see it, then the collars would seem to be necessary

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350k3-super-sport-1971-usa_model432/partslist/F++13.html#results

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts