Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Quick question. Will a luggage rack made to fit a 71 or 72 CB450 fit a 70 CL450?

Great forum by the way!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm wondering the same about my 360- looking for combo luggage rack/sissy bars and wondering if the "universal" is actually universal, or if the 350 or 550 bars will fit (or can easily be made to fit).

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Two types - if your CB450 seat is hinged on the back (K1-K4), one type will fit.
If your seat is hinged at the side, or has the grab bar on back, that's a different type.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tbpmusic said:
Two types - if your CB450 seat is hinged on the back (K1-K4), one type will fit.
If your seat is hinged at the side, or has the grab bar on back, that's a different type.
That's good to know. My 70 CL450 is hinged at the back. The 71 or 72 CB450 is also hinged at the back right?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Tiger7 said:
tbpmusic said:
That's good to know. My 70 CL450 is hinged at the back. The 71 or 72 CB450 is also hinged at the back right?
CB450 started using side hinges/seat lock/grab bar at K5, which usually is called a '72.........

Seats are not the same on CB/CL, but that wouldn't affect the luggage rack.
The grab bar caused the rear turn signals to change mount location (from the frame to the grab bar), and requires a "jog" (offset) in the rack part that goes to the shock mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts