Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has a spare "Lucas style" taillight mounting rubber lying around.

(Its the black rubber-looking component)
The set I bought did not have the screws or the mount. I am not having satisfactory looking results when I am trying to make this part myself and I don't want to shell out money for ANOTHER set just to get this rubber part.

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Slot some vacuum tubing lengthwise and put it along the edge (glue with rubber cement, excess will just "rub" off). A small pad of old inner tube works under where the plate goes...Cut "pad" with scissors....Glue it on too.
OR, use black silicone seal, smooth with fingertip and clean excess before it dries......Will harden to a perfect fit......
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
66Sprint said:
OR, use black silicone seal, smooth with fingertip and clean excess before it dries......Will harden to a perfect fit......
Steve
I'm pretty sure I have that lying around the house. Funny how I didn't think of that after I used some clear silicone seal for that headlight visor <smack!> :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
krukster86 said:
66Sprint said:
Steve
I'm pretty sure I have that lying around the house. Funny how I didn't think of that after I used some clear silicone seal for that headlight visor <smack!> :D
I can see it now. Kruk heading down the driveway for his maiden voyage! Starts the bike, and she purrs like a kitten on fire! Click it into first, releasing the clutch ever so easily, and HE'S OFF! First speedbump, the bike bounces like a superbouncy ball and never stops! It's half silicone!! :lol: OH NOES!!!

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So instead of using the sealer, I found some of the excess hose left over after replacing my carb overflow drain lines. I cut it down the middle and wrapped it around the outer lip of the bracket and voila! it looks like a perfect "seat" for the bracket! (Pics to follow someday...)

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
LMAO....Wasn't that my first suggestion?.... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
66Sprint said:
LMAO....Wasn't that my first suggestion?.... Steve
HAHAHA! Indeed it was! I totally stole your idea Steve :lol:

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
GOOD!.... That's why I posted it..... :lol: We Share here!.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts