Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of reducing my project overhead. I'm keeping my current CB500T and enough parts for what I think is the foreseeable future...

I have acquired over time three other bikes in boxes and have decided to part with much of it that I don't need.
I have carbs, air boxes, handlebars and controls, gauges, swingarms, wiring, lights, forks, triple trees, fuel tanks, seats and more.
So, if anyone needs CB500T parts, let me know what you are after.
I will take and post or PM pictures and we can figure out a price.
I am located in Nova Scotia, so shipping can be rough.
As I go through my parts, I will post some pics here as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I will definitely be subscribing to this thread as I continue to update various pieces on my CB500T!

I am considering sandblasting and repainting my foot pegs, side stand and centre stand, but if you have spares in good condition, I might throw some coin your way.

Also, I wouldn’t mind an original master cylinder cap.

Will come back with more as they come to mingd...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Center stand and pegs and a brake master cylinder. I doubt mine are in much better condition than yours.
The master cylinder cap is pretty faded, but you can just make out the original writing.

20180824_085623.jpg 20180824_085633.jpg

I have a powder-coating gun now and have wondered about how much value add redoing some parts like this would have.

·
Registered
625 Posts
How are your tanks and Speedos? Id be interested if condition is good. Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gauge cluster below:
500T Gauges 01.jpg 500T Gauges 02.jpg

I have a few tanks. One painted a horrid pinkish color with a fair amount of rust inside.
I also have a couple original brown tanks with keyed caps without keys. I'll get a couple pics..

·
Registered
625 Posts
Guages work? Id need an unlockable brown tank ha. I'd imagine shipping to NYC would be cost prohibitive to the point of not making it worth it for either of us. Have any experience with shipping costs to the US?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gauges do work, spun them with a small cordless drill. I can't speak to the accuracy as I've never run them on anything...
As it turns out, the "key" for the gas cap will take anything to open it. Neither tank lock has any wafer in it...
Shipping of a tank to NYC would run about $60CDN... which is what, a buck or two US??

Tank #1
TANK 01 02.jpg TANK 01 09.jpg TANK 01 11.jpg
Does have a couple dents and some rust inside, overall in pretty good condition.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks for the pics, I'm looking for a tank and gauges that are close to very good condition (isn't everyone). Hard to come by I know, maybe these will be of use to someone else here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are you looking to get for tank #2 shipped to California 93012? I’m guessing shipping and exchange rate are gona make it difficult to find a price that works for us both

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Canada Post indicates about $80CDN to ship to California. A quick Ebay search turned up a handful of tanks in lesser condition for way too much...
I'm thinking $200CDN ($155USD according to Google) all-in seems about right. If you think that is fair, PM me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do have some exhaust parts, I'll have to pull them out and get some pics.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Rotor and starter clutch: SOLD

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do have some exhaust parts, I'll have to pull them out and get some pics.
Sorry boss. I pulled out the exhaust parts I've got, but unfortunately the 500T mufflers I have are in rough shape. Pretty badly rusted out at the bottom rear.
I don't have headers or the prechamber, just the mufflers. I can pull them our again and snap a couple pics if you are still interested.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts