Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me preface this by again stating that I am no electronics expert.

When I bought my bike the turn signals were off, and since I have removed the horn as well. These bullet connectors are tucked in, but essentially just sitting open. Does this cause a voltage drop across my charging system? What's the best way to tie up these loose ends? Can I just connect the two wires?

-MK

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I think that connecting the wires will cause a voltage drop or short. If you aren't running indicators just leave them unplugged from the loom.

·
Registered
608 Posts
horn wires wouldn't short unless/until you pushed the button, then it would be a direct short, just leave them loose from each other, but you could tape them down to the loom if you want them out of the way and not hanging

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks. That's what I've done, just didn't know if I should dress the connections or not.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The horn wire can short without pushing the button. The horn is normally "hot" and the horn button provides its ground. To be secure, get a spray can of ignition/electrical connector sealer. Spray the connectors, let them dry and wrap them in tape. The stuff is good for protecting the rest of your connectors, too - as well as the battery posts. you can spray it on bulb sockets (cover the bulb) after installing the bulb to inhibit corrosion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts