Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forums. I've tried searching this but haven't really seen any answers. I'm looking to buy a CB350 and wanted to know if there were specific years to avoid.

I'm looking at a 1971 right now that fits my budget, but most in my area are 1972s. From what I understand, not all the parts are interchangable between the model years.

Was wondering if I should go for a more popular year for the sake of parts availability, or if there is a model year that most everyone prefers.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I prefer 1970! No I'm not biased at all, lol
I think they are all pretty good, and most parts are readily available,
not all but most.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The critical parts are 95% common to most all years. Some differences are CB vs CL tanks and seats. Early vs later Tanks ( flat sides and knee pads vs rounded tanks.
Most motor parts and controls are all the same.
Early vs late cams but if you keep the cams and rockers together that can be mixed.
The 350's were one of if not the largest volume production of a single model. So lots of NOS as well as aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I like the looks of the '70 model best, with the '68 and '69 a close second.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Don't worry about the year as much as the condition of the bike you find. I've never owned one, but the earlier ones with the factory rearsets and lowered bars appeal to me.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Factory Rear Sets ????
Lowered Handle Bars ????

I have never heard of either of the above ever coming from Honda as Standard or Optional Equipment ????

What is the source of your documentation ????

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Factory Rear Sets ????
Lowered Handle Bars ????

I have never heard of either of the above ever coming from Honda as Standard or Optional Equipment ????

What is the source of your documentation ????
Yendor, the foot pegs on the early K models sat a few inches to the rear of the position of the disk brake G model. The shift lever on the the Ks had a linkage to keep the relationship between the foot peg and shifter. Also, I believe the brake pedal was different between the models. The handle bars were lower on the K0 than the later bikes. I'm no expert on the 350, I've never owned one. I did look at incorporating the 350 shift linkage on my 450 but came to the conclusion it would be too much. The 350 and 450 have a lot of similarity, but the foot pegs and frame in this area are very different. Go ahead and Google image the CB350, the differences are pretty clear and easy to spot.

·
Registered
755 Posts
That shift linkage on the early 350s IMHO wasn't much but a pain in the ass. Sloppy for shifting, and not really rear sets. I replace them with a stander shift lever -- 350F or other shift levers do the trick. It was totally unnecessary, although I'd love to hear from someone if they think otherwise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts