Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer a recommendation where to get aftermarket replacement mufflers for my 500T. Looks aren't my main concern. Would prefer something that would minimally affect jetting, as quiet as stock as possible, and not break the bank like NOS ebay units. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
What us wrong with the ones you have? Are you talking about the head pipes too or just the end prices?

You can sand blast and pain the ones you have if they are not too bad.
You should not have to rejet with these. They do not include the head pipes though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bike is missing them. Just has the headers. Got the bike for basically free though so I can’t complain!
I did see that listing on eBay during my search but they are advertised as “louder than stock”. I hate the thought of ponying up coin for original mufflers though.

it’s crazy, the bike hasn’t been touched since the 80s and the mufflers were already missing. Wild how fast they rusted out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
dime city has lots of choices. the longer the length, the better. shorties will affect performance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry they rusted out. You are going to have to start somewhere. Original replacement or aftermarket. Cannot imagine it will he cheap. It would be rare to find a pars bike or a bike in a junk yard. There is a part if the forum where people sell things, maybe post your need there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts