Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two sl350's a couple of years ago and the guy wanted to get rid of alot of extra parts he had to clean out his garage. One of the items was a gas tank that has an unusual paint scheme on it. The guy I got it from thought that Honda had made a small run of specialty bikes in the late 60's to early 70's that had this unique paint scheme on them. Not sure if thats right but thought I would post to see if anyone is familiar with this. Automotive wheel system Auto part Vehicle Blue and white porcelain Wheel

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I heard of the "tiger" bikes but don't know if that is from one or not. Other more knowledgeable members would know, there was a thread on them a few years ago.

·
Registered
929 Posts
About 15 years ago I quit bidding on a NOS tank with the CL side covers at $750. Honda only did these for the CL. If I remember correctly winning bid was over $1100.

You have a tank even in used condition that someone will want. If you have the side covers that would really increase the value.

Be careful with it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info, I will definitely be keeping it. The side thats visible in the picture is the good side, the other is somewhat discolored and has a small dent. Nice to know the story behind it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts