Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this 1984 vt500ft Ascot on Craig's list and the price was too good to pass up and only 3 1/2 hours away, So I called up the gentleman on Friday and by Saturday it on my trailer pulled by my trusty 92 Isuzu Trooper heading back home. 12000 miles on the clock and the only parts that were missing was the turn signals thumbnail_IMG_20180304_1208470.jpg (not required in that state) and a mirror.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Looks to be in amazingly good condition, good score.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Lovely find. always liked the Ascot.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, its a lot of fun to ride

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's a tidy looking bike alright.

Always had a soft spot for that model. Best of luck with her Workdogz.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not perfect,but at about 10' it looks pretty good.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Its not perfect,but at about 10' it looks pretty good.
Same as my '84 V65 Sabre - looks pretty good until you get up close. After 34 years, they're allowed to look less than new... and I'm not going to bother with mine, it'll sell one day when I can't handle the weight anymore. You won't have that problem, those things are very cool. If my Dad had been happy enough with his, I'd have it now - but he didn't like the seat height, so it got sold. Couldn't blame him, they are a bit tall. His was a little rough too

100_1638.jpg

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have noticed a common problem with the turn signals falling off when the rubber stem rots, no problem I have some nice(no rubber) replacements that have a similar look, I'm looking forward to taking it out on the parkway (https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/about-the-parkway/) when the weather warms up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts