Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, been a forum member for a while. I've read many articles off and on when I was looking for information about this or that or the other thing. Most of the posts I have been reading lately request an intro and pictures. I dont have much in pictures but will work on getting some.

A bit about myself, I am from a town called Dildo, located in Newfoundland, Canada. I have a wife and 3 boys and a new dog named Mopar (Dodges are another passion, right up there with Honda's). We own and operate our own print shop where we do home/office printing, signs, shirts, embroidery and so much more (sales pitch, LOL).

I am a Honda owner thru and thru. My first bike was an 83' XR80 dirtbike, followed by an 84' XL100S (still have this one). My first motorcycle then was a 79' CB400T Hawk II which I still own and have almost finished a frame up restoration on (engine and paint remaining). My current driver is an 80' CM400T but is currently for sale as well. I much prefer the ride and styling of the Hawk and Nighthawks over that of the CM series.

Now, outside of these I have the following:
82' CB450SC Night (2nd Owner and while complete, planning to do frame off restore on this one)
80' CM400T (in the process of customizing paint job, I have swapped CM450 motor I built from the Crank up, Red/White paint w/chopped seat)
83' CM450E (my oldest son is restoring this one from frame up, he is 12 years old)
78' CB400T Hawk I (my middle son is doing this one from frame up, some customizing, he is soon to be 10 years old)
82' CB650SC SOHC (waiting to be restored, bought it on a whim)
80' CB650C Custom (just purchased, not complete and in need of assembly, most likely be a restore)

My parts bikes include: 80' CM400T, 83' CM450E, 86' CB450SC Nighthawk, 78' CB400T Hawk I, 82' CB650SC Nighthawk and shelves of other parts I have purchased or stored from past scrapped bikes.

So that's a little about what I'm into and doing, feel free to ask questions or make comments. I'll do what I can to get some pics.

On another note, I can't figure out how to add a signature??

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group. I love the stable you have assembled!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're not alone in that!!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard. Great collection going there.
Signatures can be created after a number of posts (@10), that's to slow down the spambots.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks LDR, I've read many of your posts, always great information. I'll do my best to get get to signature status, lol.

Reactions: longdistancerider

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I will say that I did verify that your location is a real place. I think Perry, HerrDeacon, lives on the island as well.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I'm sorry but what? Dildo? LMAO

Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great collection you have there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, our home town is a great conversation piece, LOL. I only expect my collection to grow, and I love the fact my boys are so interested in having a project and learning.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...and I love the fact my boys are so interested in having a project and learning.
Agreed - that's how I got into it, my Dad had ridden Harleys prior to him and my Mom getting married and after a 15 year break from bikes, he got me started (and himself re-started) on a lifelong Honda journey, to this day for me. It's very rewarding to have something like bikes to work on, I really enjoyed the many projects and rebuilt totaled bikes we did together. Good for you and your sons, and you'll enjoy this forum as well, it's family oriented.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts