Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking to drive about 3.5 hours to purchase a '69 CB450K1 today. Anything I should look for specific to the cb450 before buying? I've attached some pictures, what do you think is a fair price? It's an out of state title but it's clear. Also, the engine appears to be out of a 70's cb450.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Wow, that looks like a "Bitsa" bike to me. The gauges are definetley from a newer bike.
Don

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Mate be careful with this one, the side covers, gauges, switches and taillight/bracket are all off later models, not sure but the rear guard maybe from a later model, the exhausts are aftermarket and look ok.
Do you have the engine and frame numbers?
The good :D original front end, tank, seat and front guard!
Does it run :?:
The non original parts are available and all but the gauges are relatively cheep, your bigest expense is going to be finding a set of genuine mufflers :( that's off course if you are going to restore it! They are available from www.cmsnl.com for some serious $$$$

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after much debate I've decided to pass on the CB450. As much as I'd like one, the seller wants too much for what it is and is unwilling to negotiate. That being said, I'll be putting the money towards my CB360 project. Pics for that project will be up soon...I've got a buddy doing some welding on it but he's got a lot of side work to do so it's taking a while.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
66replica said:
Well after much debate I've decided to pass on the CB450. As much as I'd like one, the seller wants too much for what it is and is unwilling to negotiate. That being said, I'll be putting the money towards my CB360 project. Pics for that project will be up soon...I've got a buddy doing some welding on it but he's got a lot of side work to do so it's taking a while.
You probably made a good choice depending on what you goals for the bike are/were. Just for reference, what did the guy want for the bike?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts