Honda Twins banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this free time to work on our bikes, where have you been buying parts? How's the response time been?

Please recommend vendors that are still in service and doing well.

And please note any vendors that you have confirmed to be shut down.

Dates are important, contact names and email addresses are important info.

Thanks and enjoy your uninterrupted time with your bikes.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I ordered some generic parts through ebay that shipped direct from China. Generally I find direct order parts are inexpensive but take 45-60 days to arrive. These were ordered between March 31 and April 2 and arrived in 14 to 21 days, which isn't too bad and well worth the wait for the difference in price too normal retail. Certainly some parts of China are back in the game.

Mail delivery can be a little slow right now. We have and online business and depending on where in North America the package is going there can be a great difference in delivery time. There is more online shopping with everyone at home, so more parcels being shipped and many post offices have less staff because of social spacing and illness. In some cases it is taking 2 weeks for our packages to cross the country. So remember, once it is in the mail the vendor has no control, if it is slow it is not the sellers fault. So chill out.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bought IKON suspension on Wednesday. Hoped it might arrive on Friday. Mail truck had already left IKON for the day, vendor personally delivered shocks to post office.

Would have had them Friday but USPS is on OVERLOAD. Will arrive today.

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
The only problem I've encountered is the PA David Silver warehouse is shut down temporarily so everything has to come out of the UK. Although the tach cable replacement for the wrong part replacement came out of PA.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Common Motor is shipping twice a week now in lieu of their regular frequency. Took about a week from when I clicked order on the website for the package to leave their shop.

McMaster Carr, BoltDepot, and SuperBrightLEDs are all shipping normally for me.

Just put an order in from DSS, we'll see how long it takes to get the ship notification. I ordered from their PA warehouse on April 1st, shipped quickly. Edit, my DSS order was shipped out on May 15th. Looks like they’re back in business.

Ebay/USPS have been very reliable thus far.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I ordered carb parts from Western Honda in Scottsdale, AZ, for my 350F in mid March. They could have shipped them to my PO Box in AZ but I had a buddy there pick them up, and he then sent them to me here in Mexico City via DHL. Got them two or three days later. Completely tore down my carbs to replace the o-rings in the fuel joints because they were leaking, but cleaned averything as well. Synched the carbs and the bike runs great.

This was mid-March, however. I asked the folks at Western Honda at the time and they said they were planning on staying open, don't know if that's changed. But AZ is one of those states where there is some opposition to social distancing and closures, so maybe they are open, maybe they are doing online stuff. If you need OEM Honda they are worth checking out, good business and quick to order and stock or deliver.

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had no problems with ordering parts from any seller on eBay. Also ordered a big order from 4into1 and they had it shipped out in only a day or two and got to me in a timely manner.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I have ordered a few things from 4into1 since this COVID mess started and have not had any issues and no delay in shipping.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just called up to ask about my Partzilla order. 2 items were on hold, available on the 22nd, 5 DAYS AGO. That was 5 DAYS AGO and no email, no communication of any kind, and they already took my money, what gives I ordered these on the 18th, 9 DAYS AGO!

For comparison my order from 4into1 placed on the 18th and shipped on the 20th is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. My order from Randakks (billed as Dime City Revival) placed on the 18th arrived on the 23rd.

After just six minutes on hold Partzilla told me that I was #140 in their call queue, so I chose the option to have them call me back. Seriously? I'm getting pretty bent out of shape, likely I shouldn't be considering the state things are in, but I have an engine to build here so I'm chomping at the bit i guess.

Don't order from Partzilla if you're in a hurry i guess is the take away here. The Dime City group which includes Z1, Dime City, Mike's XS and probably a few others was just fast.
4into1 was fast too, the delay there is UPS which I can cope with much easier because UPS has always been crap. I quote Deadpool's comentary on wearing the Brown Pants.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After about 2-1/2 hours they called and offered to upgrade my order with Expedited Shipping! But they don't expect my order to ship for ANOTHER SIX DAYS, June 1.

Uhhhhhggg! (n):poop::mad:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone had any recent experiences with Bikebandit?

I'm putting together another order...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, but they seemed like the only ones to have most of what I needed in stock.

I guess I'll start replating hardware and relacing wheels.

·
Registered
224 Posts
the postal service and other shipping companies are so short staffed these days, and the people who are working seem to be mentally exhausted. i sent some technical drawings to a customer in Australia in late April, then 3 weeks later he emailed ask where they were despite U.S. and international tracking numbers indicating they were still in transit, so i called USPS customer service. after 1.5hrs on hold i found out they had been delivered to an unknown (to me) random address here in the states 2 weeks ago instead of going air mail to NSW, Australia. ugh!

it's one thing if the vendor is just lazy and can't get it out the door, but shipping times as a whole today are just terrible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone had any recent experiences with Bikebandit?

I'm putting together another order...
Ha, I just started another thread about Bike Bandit (I didn't post here because this is for good experiences :))

I placed an order a month ago (4/30), still hasn't shipped and their customer service is unresponsive.

Once bitten...

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
A month or so ago I was struggling to find new spokes for the early CB/CL 450 18” front drum brake wheel. I had tried DIY replating of spokes which proved frustratingly time consuming and boring but that’s another story. Anyhow I finally broke down and ordered the only ones I could find via EBay which were coming out of Thailand. I assumed it would take forever given the pandemic. Oddly those were at my door in 8 days thanks to DHL shipping. Absolutely amazing! As a side note in case anyone else is ever looking, I’ve now come to realize Dime City offers stainless steel spokes for those wheels. Pricey but look to be high quality.
Another experience in the last few days... I tried to order a DID CB450 cam chain through eBay from twowheelsfrank (Germany) and had my order cancelled and money refunded. I contacted him to try and understand why and the explanation was he cannot at this time ship to the USA. Shipping to Canada is possible but not here in the states. I do not know whether that is pandemic related or just that we’ve finally managed to piss off our European partners and now they are making our lives difficult?

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Maybe someone like Perry (HerrDeacon) can get the shipment and then send it to you. Double shipping costs, but as cheap as Frank is for the best cam chain, it would be worth it IMO. It would be worth asking him or someone else we see regularly who lives in Canada. I'm not using anything but DID in any of my 450s

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Maybe someone like Perry (HerrDeacon) can get the shipment and then send it to you. Double shipping costs, but as cheap as Frank is for the best cam chain, it would be worth it IMO. It would be worth asking him or someone else we see regularly who lives in Canada. I'm not using anything but DID in any of my 450s
You are right, DID is the way to go and Frank’s are as cheap as you can find them, even with the shipping. It is a great suggestion Tom, but I do not absolutely HAVE to have it at this moment. I may resort to this at a later date if it remains a problem. I’ve got one chain on hand but may use it soon hence trying to replace and keep one at my immediate disposal. I know, first world problems, right? 😂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts