Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I was wondering if there was anywhere on the engine where there is a plug that goes into an oil gallery or a location that could be drilled and tapped for an oil pressure gauge? like the 350f has (albeit just with the idiot light)

I wouldn't mind knowing what the engine is up to in this regard..

Thanking you all,

·
Registered
894 Posts
The CB350 relies more on oil volume than oil pressure. You would need a very low pressure gauge, if I remember correctly you would be lucky to see 6 psi in the system.

You could look at what Cognito motors does with it's oil system for race/high performance engines to find a place to tap into but I wouldn't expect you to see much usable information from the readings.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I've just decided I want a switch for a low pressure idiot light with the dash I've got now.. so do you know an ideal sender location?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Look at the right hand side cover. There is an oil gallery coming off the pump. It is the lower oil gallery. I would put a sender unit there but you will have to drill and tap carefully and be aware of the frame etc. This location would be the same as a mfg. It will tell you that you have oil pressure but not necessarily oil distribution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts