Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really glad to have found a forum for the twins. I just purchased a 72 CL450 K5 and I'll be picking it up this weekend.. It runs and only needs a petcock (leaks) according to the PO.
I plan on teaching my son to ride on it then I'll restore it to close to original this winter so I may be sucking your brains dry for info when I get started..
I'm an X-diesel mechanic and have been working in electronics for the last 20 years.
I also have a web site with many of my previous projects here: http://www.polymer52.webs.com/ Check out the project gallery.
Here is a not too great picture. I'll have more after I get it home.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK finally got it home. Needs a little work but looks like it wasn't hammered like most of them I have found.
Here are a few pix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Looks real good polymer, should be a nice project. Exhaust looks like its in great shape.

What kind of tire is that on the back, looks like a dirt bike tire.
Yup it'd a dirt bike tire. The PO put new tires on it but I have no idea why he put that one on back.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That looks like a great project. I hate it when they saw off the exhaust tips, that's an expensive modification to those of us trying to restore these things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts