Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an electric start lawnmower, yes I am getting lazy, And I just bought a lithium ion battery for it The battery is 12 volt 4amp and is only about 4 inches square. I dont know the difference between a lithium battery and a regular battery. I am building a baby chopper from a step thru 50 cc bike and my question is can I use the small lithium battery on this build? Could you use this small lithium battery on any small Honda bike? Will there be charging issues? Thoughts.Comments.

Bill

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Lithium batteries have very strict charge voltages or they fail very early or burn up. Proceed at your own risk.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Bill - they are sensitive to overcharging as Jim said, but I've had mine in my bike for quite a while now (close to 1000 miles) and as long as the charge rate doesn't take it over 14.5 according to the info on my battery, it will be fine. Mine has been running at 14.3 to 14.4 all along and it's doing great - and it's a 4 AH battery

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After doing a little reading on this battery I found you guys are right. I am pretty lucky building and repairing the bikes I work on but I dont know that much about the elec end of them. So will pass on the lithium battery.

Thanks, Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts