Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a good year of enjoyment it is time for me to let my Scrambler go to its next owner. Its a bittersweet truth but I just don't have time with two active kids to go joy-riding at this time in my life. And I am taking my kids to Japan in the summer and it is not cheap so my beautiful little "Aura" is going to help pay our way. :(

I'm going to offer it first to those here on HT as I know that it will go to a good home here.

I know I will not ever receive the full amount that I put into the bike (over $7K) but I will consider reasonable offers. Bear in mind that I have over $3K just in paint. And should you purchase the bike I will help with loading the bike with your carrier and wrapping it to make sure it stays in good shape. You will also receive a custom artist drawing with your purchase.

I can take a personal check and once it clears I will sign over the title and send it to you. Otherwise a cashiers check would be fine as well.

Complete build here on HondaTwins:
http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-project-logs/39503-introducing-aura-my-1969-cl350-scrambler.html

First Fire thread:
http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-...roducing-aura-my-1969-cl350-scrambler-18.html

The Good:
Clean Blue Texas Title
New pistons, rings, valves
Honed Heads
Updated/Upgraded Wiring Harness
H4 Headlight
All LED lights
Custom Scrambler Ceramic Exhaust with Supertrapp tunable muffler
New clutch
New starter
new brakes
new cables
new hand controls
New rubber all around - tires, grips, pedals, engine seals
Custom leather seat
custom Tyrolean Green honda factory paint
PAMCO electronic ignition with e-Advance (state of the art)
AMG battery
Tailtech Vapor digital gauges
All-Ballz steering
All new stainless allen-head bolts throughout the entire bike and engine
Shortened custom pan seat with custom leather
Oberon bar end turn signals with Mirrors
Uni-foam air filters
Side cases are not painted and only require a simple buffing twice a year then some anti-corrosion spray
Powder coated frame

The Bad:
The front fork seals need to be replaced
rash on rim from the stupid tire machine
slight weep under left cam-block housing
Paint on jugs is flaking off

If you have any idea on what the value might be please opine.
Thanks guys

IMG_20170423_122003133.jpg
IMG_20170423_122114004.jpg
IMG_20170423_122013270.jpg

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
oh man, you should do japan another year and hold onto this.
youll have a tough time with that weep from the engine - have you tried checking the 4 screws that hold the housing on? fork seals are easy and you should just to them.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh man, you should do japan another year and hold onto this.
youll have a tough time with that weep from the engine - have you tried checking the 4 screws that hold the housing on? fork seals are easy and you should just to them.
Sadly I have torqued the bolts and all. The weep is coming from the camshaft rubber seal. I've thought about trying to remove it and then put another on without removing the cam block but I have not seen anyone do that before.

As for the trip its already going to happen. Have flights and hotel booked. My son finally achieved his black belt and I promised him that I would take him to Japan if he saw it all the way through.

Honestly if I cannot get about $4800 then I will just keep it. Too much BS&T to sell it for less.

Reactions: danno

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Wow Curtis, she really is a beauty! There will always be another one around the corner.
Good luck with the sale and enjoy your trip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts