Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Rick's Rectifier/regulator combo on my bike and a 12V lithium battery (removed the old rectifier and regulator). When revving the engine the voltage at the battery terminals increases slightly. I am also noticing that all of the lights are dimming when revving the engine as well. I tested the stator and it is not grounding and seems to be within the manual's tolerances at each of the three terminals with the bike off. I am very new to this and would appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new reg/rec plugs directly into the 4pin stator connector and then goes directly to the battery. The battery is a Battery Tender 12v lithium battery. At idle the lights are steady. It's when i rev the engine that i see dimming of all the lights.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Sorry I misread your original post, is everything else stock? Whats the stator outputing at 5k rpm? Do the lights come back up with increased rpm or stay dim?
On the stock system the stator is at break even at 3-5k rpm so before that everythings battery draw. as the rpm increases the coil draws more current which could be your issue is

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
May be a leaky diode in the regulator. Did you test at the headlight connection for a/c voltage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts