Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done one and how did you do it. Or can anyone point me in the right direction

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the cm400 headlight stock sucks bad. So I want to to create better visibility. And almost everything else on my bike will be modded in some way. What did you have to do to use it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the cm400 headlight stock sucks bad. So I want to to create better visibility. And almost everything else on my bike will be modded in some way. What did you have to do to use it

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
First, you're probably going to find that most of the ones available aren't real headlights so they'll only have 2 wires, meaning no high or low beam, just a bright light. I found one from China that had end mounts for a Jeep (intended as a driving light) so it mounted up to the Emgo polished headlight ears just fine, and I used the low beam wire on the positive from the light with the other connected to ground to illuminate it. Mine is also a spot/flood combo so it creates a pretty large area of white light

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it is possible to mount and use. Could I use 2 of them ome for high beam and one for low

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I wouldn't say I didn't like it, I'd probably do the same thing if I could fine one with hi/lo beams. In general its not a 50 state legal mod. But then again once the state has my money and I have their inspection sticker.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
a pair of those in a custom nacelle with built-in instrumentation above, mmmm.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
The thing I don't like about them is being blinded by the damn things, haven't seen one yet that aims the light like a proper set of headlights, both sides of the road flooded with glare.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I feel that. I remember years of driving at night not having to put my sun visor down, now I practically get flash burns from oncoming morons.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Agreed - I never ride the bike at night, it's strictly for daytime riding legalities and I absolutely understand the blinding white light from all the high-performance LED and other lighting being used on cars and trucks now. Where I live, trucks are very popular and half of them are lifted, putting that bright white light right at your rear view mirror height at night... much like Alan mentioned about using the sun visor, around here you also have to use your rear view mirror adjustment to soften the glare from behind. My original plan for the spot/flood combo unit was to disassemble it to look for a division between the spot circuit and the flood circuit to see if I could convert it to a "high-low" connection... sadly, it looks more like a small motherboard inside than a headlight, so I couldn't find an obvious spot to try to separate the sections

·
Registered
3,183 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So today I found 2 pairs of led lights . Like 10 or 11 turn signals. And a brake light. Thinking since I already got bike torn apart might as well lol

·
Registered
755 Posts
Here you go. Browse away and find what you like.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...d-commercial-truck-and-recreational-vehicles/

Not a light bar, but I have used LED fixtures for non-intended purposes - headlights. Since then several others I know have used them in similar space confined applications. I used what are called "projector" lights. Envision the business end of a slide projector and that's it. It is a thick fisheye lens to direct the light. Have you considered how to handle Hi/Lo beam??? Since the LED's are so directionally focused, you're probably going to want to use two slightly differently aimed fixtures instead of simply reducing the amount of light cast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I now have a few different led lights from my job. Once I get home I'll post pictures of the setup I'm thinking

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plot twist. Was not expecting the cluster **** of wiring behind the headlight. . . Where am I gonna put that if I go led???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts