Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a front brake cable from my local Honda dealer.
It was a Motion Pro.
Seems it is a couple of inches short.
It is 48.25
Is there a longer option?
1970 CB350
Any ideas?
Many Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, Common Motor has 2 sizes.
48 and 51 in
Not sure why but the shorter one may be for the 350 four.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Maybe the front brake cable from a CL350 or CL450? The scrambler bars might be a little taller. Funny, I've never bought a cable by measurement, just by model - but in these times with the OEM cables all gone, it's probably more of a crapshoot to do that

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
About 3 years ago, I ordered a Motion Pro front brake cable from 4into1.com, listed for the CB/CL350 (and a few other models), and it is pretty short. I've never measured the length, but even with low superbike bars, it isn't long enough to route through the keeper in front of the handlebar risers. In this pic, you can see the clutch cable routed as it should be, and the brake cable taking a nosedive behind the tach on its way to the front wheel.

6-8-18a.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I just looked up the front brake cable I bought for my 450 and it came from Scrambler Cycle, not 4into1. They didn't have one at the time or I'd have bought it from them. My cable is a tiny bit long, but I'm running CB400F bars (similar to 83XLX) and I have my forks slid up in the clamps 1.5" too. Here's their listing for the 350 cable, but they're sold out right now. They show the length of both as well

https://scrambler-cycle.myshopify.com/collections/honda-cb350-cl350-sl350/products/honda-cb350-cl350-front-brake-cable-gray-45450-290-670-new-reproduction?variant=2113437597720

and the 450 cable, which connects the exact same way on both ends and would work unless it's too long

https://scrambler-cycle.myshopify.com/collections/honda-cb450-cl450/products/honda-cb450-cl450-front-brake-cable-gray-45450-294-670-new-reproduction

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the front brake cable from a CL350 or CL450? The scrambler bars might be a little taller. Funny, I've never bought a cable by measurement, just by model - but in these times with the OEM cables all gone, it's probably more of a crapshoot to do that
I have never bought by length either but this time it did not fit. Go figure. Still learning stuff, lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
My cl350 has the original and its the longer version. CM sells I think three sizes.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I had the clutch and throttle cable for the 450 custom made by motion pro. My bike has CB400F bars too. I attached the cable to the engine end, routed the cables, marked them with tape and sent them to Motion Pro. They acknowledged receipt by calling me, made the new ones and sent them back. It took a little over two weeks, but they work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts