Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a left control unit that has the blinker and horn switches. I lost mine a long time ago.
I have a 1973 cl350 and the right side is silver. I noticed online most are black. Im guessing they are all compatible but wanted to ask in case I end up ordering something that wont work.

My options are:
NOS
Reproduction
Buy a used one a replace internals.

A couple questions, are reproduction units any good and are they metal or plastic? I am also seeing some that are NOS but are black.
Any recommendations and any idea where I can get a silver one?

My bike has some serious sentimental value to me so Im ok with spending some $$ on this piece of history!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The repros are okay sometimes, sometimes not - but finding a polished switch as it was originally sold will be harder than the later black ones. Your bike actually came with black switches, it was the early models ('68-'70) that came with polished switches from the factory, probably ended around '70 or '71. NOS will be expensive either way, and good used ones are harder to find. Also, there may be some differences between the early versions and the later ones. Go to cmsnl.com to compare the part numbers for the different years, like here

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cl350_model194/

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some good info here. I went out and took some pics of the right side. Looking at these, it appears at one time someone replaced the top with a polished version, as the bottom does look somewhat black. Or is it possible it faded that much?
I did noticed some other "hacks" on the bike that existed before I got it, like the acorn nuts missing off the rear suspension and normal nuts with lock washers. So that tells me before I had it someone worked on it a bit.

20190225_104830.jpg
20190225_104814.jpg
20190225_104836.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Actually, it looks like someone removed the black from the polished upper - and yes, the bottom looks as faded as many I've seen - but the polished switches didn't come with kill switches, much less the red version (early kill switches were black IIRC)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I am gong to get a black NOS and paint my other one black. Thanks for the help!

4into1 sells NOS.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The CMS one does not have the mirror holder. It is much harder to find one with a mirror holder hole. I ended up getting a black one and polished it until it was silver. It was not that hard to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts