Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All i've been on here a while now mainly posting in the rebuild topics- i have just finished rebuilding my CD 200 - (same engine as the CM 200) i have put in new oversized pistons new valve stem oil seals and re lapped the valves, i have good compression in both cylinders and new spark plugs which both give good spark, but it only runs on the right cylinder - the left coughs and splutters into life occasionaly - what do i look for next ? any suggestions
thanks in advance
Paul

·
Registered
792 Posts
CD200, one set of points and one carb ?? what year, a picture would be nice.

Check for ht on the cylinder misfiring, a red neon plug cap is a good cheap visual indicator, get a pair or 4.

Twin carb ? then check for fuel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its single points single carb - ive tried putting the left ht lead on the right cylinder and it works perfect - the ht's are both sealed at the coil end
27496593_10157061660197892_3148953_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
If I understand you, when you switch the HT leads, the problem remains the same. That would indicate that the problem is not in the coil or the HT leads or caps.

Try swapping the spark plugs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been away from the garage for a few days to ponder my thoughts and ive come up with an idea- i think there might be an air leak in the left inlet manifold so i'm going to take it off tomorrow and re seal it - i have a new set of plugs lying on the shelf so i'll pop them in too - i'll let you all know how i get on

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ghubca. - A Paisley buddie !! My parents are from Paisley and I'll be there in May !! Having a few pints at the Bull Inn !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts