Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've successfully installed LED tailights in my CB350 and CM400 using an LED trailer light kit from Harbor Freight. You can take the light panel out of the light housing, trim the panel to fit inside of the lens.

[attachment=3:1semrl0a]1015001949.jpg[/attachment:1semrl0a]

I've trimmed the corners off using a hacksaw.

I moved the side light to another place to act as a license plate light. The right side trailer side light uses red LEDs, the left side has both a white LED for the plate and a red LED for the side light. I used the left side for my 350, this one is going in the 400 and only has the red LEDs. Not optimum, but it works.

[attachment=2:1semrl0a]1015001949a.jpg[/attachment:1semrl0a]

Here's the Light panel in the old lens.

[attachment=1:1semrl0a]1015001950a.jpg[/attachment:1semrl0a]

Take the bulb and bulb connector out of the housing, run the wires through the hole in the back. You will need some bannana connectors from Radio Shack, or splice the wires into the old connector wires.

[attachment=0:1semrl0a]1015001951b.jpg[/attachment:1semrl0a]

This setup allows me to run my CB350 without having to recharge the battery after every night ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Very nice writeup squared, thanks for posting. I switched my old KZ over to a similar setup a few years ago, found it worked great. The LEDs are super bright too. My 350 will be getting the same treatment as well. Anything to save a few volts on these old bikes is definitely worth it. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts