Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1981 CM400T
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
I was going to swap the oem flasher as i changed the original turn lights with led ones,,,hyperflashing,,,,
now,i was sure it was a 2pin flasher so i ordered one,today it turns out it's a 3 pin,,,so,now i have 1 oem 3 pin flasher,one aftermarket 2 pin for leds and the 3 wires (green,black and grey) hanging loose,,,,
Is there any way to wire the 3 wires to a 2 pin relay,or should i get a 3 pin,,,also,now i messed with the wires and dont know which one goes where :#
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Toni

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Different bike but the wiring is the same. This is my 500T with a 2 wire LED flasher. I did have to reverse the wires as you can see. Grey to black and black to grey

Wire Fuel line Auto part Electrical supply Electrical wiring

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
On mine I connected it color to color, nothing burned up it just didn't work. I hope yours is the same

·
Registered
1981 CM400T
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The new 2 pin flasher i had was faulty...lost an hour on the bike trying until i went benchtesting it...and there you go,the sucker doesnt work,,,dead....should have bench tested first :/ ordered and put another same one,this one works great!the green wire hangs loose as you said
Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.