Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

have the 74 cl450k4 and im leaking oil, it is my left cylinder and appears to be at the base of the cylinder or at the top of the cylinder not quite sure which one. im looking for some insite on how extensive this is and if i should just take it to a shop or an engine rebuilder to get this fixed, my assumption is that its just a gasket how hard can it be. i have attached some photos from the bike sitting in its oily state at this point, it seems to have an affect on performance and i have been feeling water hit my leg at points but every time that i feel it and look down its gone, may be some fuel is pushing it out.

any help would be greatly appreciated, and tricks or ways to make this deal easier.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It's hard to tell where your oil leak is coming from without a better picture of the whole engine. It could be as simple as a loose head bolt on the right side, in front. We need to see where the oil is coming from.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finding the source is easy....CLEAN the engine (brakekleen, soap and water, whatever)
When dry, dust it down with talcum powder or baking powder, and start it up.... First dark spot will be the source of the leak.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts