Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo, it seems that the cap leaks when riding. I thought maybe the cap was too tight/loose, tried both. The threads on the caps look good, inside the cap the....( :oops: ) "rubber part" looks good too. Would bleeding the brakes solve this?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
dpb said:
Sooooo, it seems that the cap leaks when riding. I thought maybe the cap was too tight/loose, tried both. The threads on the caps look good, inside the cap the....( :oops: ) "rubber part" looks good too. Would bleeding the brakes solve this?
Bleeding the brakes will not solve a leaking cap problem. I do not recall what kind of cap is on the 360. Is it a screw on type or held in place with two screws?
Either way, the rubber diaphram that keeps the fluid from sloshing around is either dirty, cracked/bad or the cap itself might have some damage. The lip of the reservoir (where the gasket sits) could also be damaged.

You need to take it apart and check all those components.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I looked and the threads on the lid and on the cylinder itself look pretty good. However there are some spots that look a bit worn. The rubber piece in the lid has a small chunk missing on the lip, maybe 1mm or so that might be it. Guess it might be smart to replace the whole thing, cylinder and all?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Get an aftermarket, like the one on my 450.
Took about 30 seconds to bolt up, end of all problems......
I got sick of leaks and ruined paint and the overall worn-out appearance, as well as worrying about the brake in general.
This one cost me about $50, worth every penny, best investment I made on the bike.........

http://home.comcast.net/~tbpmusic/id54.htm

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tbpmusic said:
Get an aftermarket, like the one on my 450.
Took about 30 seconds to bolt up, end of all problems......
I got sick of leaks and ruined paint and the overall worn-out appearance, as well as worrying about the brake in general.
This one cost me about $50, worth every penny, best investment I made on the bike.........

[color=#FF0000]http://home.comcast.net/~tbpmusic/id54.htm[/color]

:shock: KICK ASS!

...and thanks, that looks like a solid solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts