Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you all know where I've been hiding for a while.I'm getting better at being in a mess.Well the latest bomber is ready for an MOT still a few things not quite right but I'm accepting them for the moment and hoping for some good weather to enjoy :) :)

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
HerrDeacon.....
The first two pics are of 250cc Honda CB72's (the original bikes given the "Hawk" moniker)
The larger 305cc version, the CB77, was called the "Superhawk"..........
The third pic is an "early", 4-speed, DOHC 450, Honda....Affectionately called the "Black Bomber".....
Thought you might be intrigued as the (your) CB 400T also was called the "Hawk"...
:D Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K1/2 etc have different rear tank mounting into tank cushion .K0's have rear mounting rubber & bolt.K2 also has petrol pipe from both sides of tank under frame,bombers don't have this facility but tanks are easier to remove without draining.However don't think it would be rocket science to convert one though. Regards Chris.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have done this conversion. Have a bomber tank on my K3. Just cut down the tab at the back a bit and cut the grab tongue off the rubber mount. Also had to change the front brake line junction/switch for another as the bomber tank projects forward further and there is interference with this. Luckily I noticed it before putting a nasty dent in the tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
:!:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.