Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been lurking and asking questions so I better catch this up.

Driving by a garage sale one day found this old Honda sitting on the curb with a sign that said "No title, no key".

No title? No problem, I know how the process works and not hard to do here. No Key? Figure it out later. I kicked the motor and it turned over. The plates on it expired in 1980. The left handlebar control was a mess, someone had been working on it and gave up. Missing the seat and battery box had burnt wires. Best part, all the chrome was there, nice and shiny with no rust. Found out it was a 1973 CL350.

Free- why not try.

This is what it looked like that day-
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg

Sixteen year old son latched onto it and said "thanks dad". No problem, but going to cost you some sweat equity and $$$.

After getting title, we cleaned the carbs up, fixed the wiring and left control, bought a key, and got it running. Dropped the old oil out and found little plastic pieces, so motor rebuild and new cam tensioner came first.

New cables, new tires, new brakes will be done this winter.

So far a great project for dad and son. He was so excited that he ran out and got a mc instruction permit.

This is a great site for a lot of information. Thanks to all who have unknowingly provided a wealth of knowledge.

dw

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Nice. Wish I could get my son to feel that excited about motorcycles but newp he won't go near one.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Welcome, good looking find kid will enjoy it. My son and I share an interest in a few things, computers and gaming mostly but he does enjoy hanging out in the garage when I do. I guess the interest will come when he gets closer to being able to drive, then it will be, "Which one can I ride dad?" Umm, none of them... :grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome, I just joined the site in the last 24 hours. I love those CL's. I love the price even more and the fact that your son is interested in it is the icing on the cake. keep us posted as it moves along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts