Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I rudely started imposing myself on the boards before even introducing myself so I thought I'd remedy that.

Started riding about 5 years ago after a 30 year hiatus. Started with a Suzuki DR350 to learn on and then a SV650 for a couple of years. I work in the securities industry and after the '08/'09 meltdown had to sell the SV. Bought a '73 350G last year for $300 and after riding it around last summer decided to fix it up. Engine seems fine, compression's good but the electricals, tires, brakes, carbs all need work. I don't think anythings been done on it since new.

Hope to end up with a slightly modified cafe. Keep all the main components but change out the bars, seat, and modify the fenders.

I know the search function is my friend but will probably be asking for some help as the project unfolds.

I lurk on many different boards and I must say the level of goodwill expressed by the members here is unmatched.

Thanks

Reed

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
RNaka said:
Started riding about 5 years ago after a 30 year hiatus.
Welcome Reed. I had a similar hiatus. Had a dirt bike as a kid, and never got back into it until three years ago. Really regret those lost years, trying to make up for it now.

If you want, you could start a project thread in the 'Project Logs' section so we can follow your progress.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Welcome.... Quite a few members have 350's, so input will be readily available....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HerrDeacon said:
RNaka said:
Started riding about 5 years ago after a 30 year hiatus.
Welcome Reed. I had a similar hiatus. Had a dirt bike as a kid, and never got back into it until three years ago. Really regret those lost years, trying to make up for it now.

If you want, you could start a project thread in the 'Project Logs' section so we can follow your progress.
Great idea. It may serve as a primer for those with no knowledge, skills or tools :D

·
Registered
785 Posts
Arigat? from Studio City.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts