Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site. Taking the top off a KO engine and replacing it with another due to broken fins. can anyone help me on how I am supposed to mark this before I cut the chain or what I am to look for in markings to put the other head on?
In addition, I bought the replacement head on Ebay. Is there anyway to determine that the head is a KO head and for that matter can a newer 450 head, fit on the KO engine? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sid

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey Sid...Someone here may answer your question. I'm new here too with a K0 Bomber. I'm in north Alabama USA. Where you located ?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Somewhere here there's a link to a downloadable PDF 450 manual...Do that first!...
There were several variants of the 4-speed 450 heads (different valve angles, different rockers, etc.... The manual will list suitable serial number sequences for the swap, so you'll need to know the serial the replacement came from.....As for the 5-speed head, I've always been told you have to use the whole top end from the base gasket up....(Cylinders, head, cams, pistons, etc)...... Bill2 (tbpmusic) is our 450 expert, perhaps he'll comment or verify..... Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts