Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forging ahead with this recent 74' CB 450 I purchased. The right handlebar kill switch does not work ? Can you point me in the right direction what I should start looking for ? Bike starts with the ignition key on and runs fine, but the kill switch whether on or off doesn't do anything ?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
This is a modified wiring diagram but shows wiring to kill switch. You need to see if wires are connected to the kill switch and if so, are those wires connected properly. I believe they are in the headlight bucket.

Plan Text Floor plan Line Diagram

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If the kill switch has no affect on whether or not it runs, I'd suspect someone bypassed the kill switch in the headlight case by looping the black and black/white stripe wires together, giving the coils full-time key-on power

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I'd suspect someone bypassed the kill switch in the headlight case by looping the black and black/white stripe wires together, giving the coils full-time key-on power
Which is illegal in most states, most likely illegal in cali, everything is illegal there

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nobody really cares here in Cali. But - it should still be wired up properly. Just so you don't fry your coils when all you want to do is see if the taillight works.

Reactions: jd50i

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I would make sure the switch works before reconnecting it. I'm sure there is a reason the PO by-passed it. The power flows from the black wire in the harness to the switch and then through the black with white stripe to the coils.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts