Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup.

I've almost bolted my CB360 back together (been a long 9 years) and I'm struggling with the kickstarter.

I replaced the clutch springs, oil pickup, and oil pump. Now the kickstarter goes too far when it kicks.

Any ideas? I'm hoping i forgot something in reinstall or flipped something over. If anyone knows, that would help me out a ton.

Cheers.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'd gamble you just mounted it too far rotated to the rear when you reinstalled it (e.g., the 'reach' of the arm is the exact same as it was before, but it's starting out further back). The kickstarter shaft doesn't have a 'key' or anything, so it'll go on at whatever degree of rotation you put it on at. Try pulling it off, clicking it to it's 'stored' position, and then putting it back on with the arm rotated as far forward as it'll fit.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I'd gamble you just mounted it too far rotated to the rear when you reinstalled it (e.g., the 'reach' of the arm is the exact same as it was before, but it's starting out further back). The kickstarter shaft doesn't have a 'key' or anything, so it'll go on at whatever degree of rotation you put it on at. Try pulling it off, clicking it to it's 'stored' position, and then putting it back on with the arm rotated as far forward as it'll fit.
Agreed. See this photo for reference for where I mounted mine in the "stored" position. If I rotated the kickstart arm assembly clockwise just a single tooth more on the shaft, it wouldn't go on properly:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. See this photo for reference for where I mounted mine in the "stored" position. If I rotated the kickstart arm assembly clockwise just a single tooth more on the shaft, it wouldn't go on properly:

Whew, Thanks you two. You are correct. It stops. it just stops late enough that it gets hung up on the case and won't spring back. Moving it clockwise a tooth should solve the problem.

I think that I'm basically a mechanical hypochondriac at this point. I'm so used to having something wrong that I'm unwilling to believe that everything is just mostly right. (that being said, I've got some wiring bugs I still need to work out.)

Thank you.

also, I really dig the subtlety of what you've done to your 360. Its super clean.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Thank you! It is a result of many evolutions and changes of taste throughout the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts