Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 68 cl350 with only under 5k miles has some kickstart issues. first of all the return spring didnt work, and some times the kickstart wont catch anything, i assumed it was the clutch stuck disengaged but pulled the right cover tonight and found more problems, the kick start shaft seems really loose "can pull it in and out quite a ways, and the part on the shaft for the spring to hook on is gone, it actually looks like some kind of washer with a crappy weld on it im assuming some hack did trying to make it catch the spring. whats envolved in taking the whole shaft out and swapping it from my parts motor? and how the heck do i get that weird nut in the oil filter housing off? who knew a bike with such low miles and a near perfect exterior could be so messed up and already been hack attacked!?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
sluginxlt said:
on my 68 cl350 with only under 5k miles has some kickstart issues. first of all the return spring didnt work, and some times the kickstart wont catch anything, i assumed it was the clutch stuck disengaged but pulled the right cover tonight and found more problems, the kick start shaft seems really loose "can pull it in and out quite a ways, and the part on the shaft for the spring to hook on is gone, it actually looks like some kind of washer with a crappy weld on it im assuming some hack did trying to make it catch the spring. whats envolved in taking the whole shaft out and swapping it from my parts motor? and how the heck do i get that weird nut in the oil filter housing off? who knew a bike with such low miles and a near perfect exterior could be so messed up and already been hack attacked!?
Engine must be pulled and cases split to replace kick shaft.
Oil filter removal requires an $8.61 special tool - try Motion Pro -

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0015/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts