Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Pretty sure this is something I have done when I did the engine rebuild, involving the kickstart spring. When I run the electric start, the kickstart lever just kinda... falls backwards. I can lift it back to the upright position, you can hear the ratchet mechanism, and it can even go past it. I bought this bike in pieces and finally got it back together, so I am not sure what it should have been like, but my other bike is kickstart only, so I've never seen this.

I have the service manual and followed it, as far as I could tell, to the letter

Any Help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
time to open up the right case and have a look. I'm betting your kick starter spring is probably not not engaging.

take pics and show us

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Yours should look like this

see how the hook on the spring rests on the engine tab? The other hooks into the kick starter shaft itself

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yours should look like this

see how the hook on the spring rests on the engine tab? The other hooks into the kick starter shaft itself
I could have SWORN this is how mine looks. I specifically remember the tab. I also remember it being a pain in the ass to get the tension. Maybe I don't have the other end correct.

I will have to pop the case off and see what is really going on there.

Stu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the side cover off and checked it again. I think I did not have the tab at the end lined up correctly. Took a couple tries to get it to seat correctly, but I got it to work! thanks so much!

Cheers,
Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts