Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. just picked up possibly the dorkiest bike known to man, a '78 cm185t, for 25$ and am stripping it down to make a boy racer. added that to a '69 cl125 and enough cb350 pieces to assemble a small squadron. must admit that my daily putter is an enfield bullet, and i have a '75 r60/6 and a '72 ambassador in the living room as well. i am in the process of turning some of the 350 pieces into a hardtailed bobber (mebbe), or at least a farm road ripper. glad to have found y'all.

alex

anyone else from southcentral pennsyltucky?

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Welcome Alex..... There is no reason the "dorky" CM can't be restyled into a "boy-racer"..... Once you discard the "ugly" stock tank and disproportionately large seat, you simply have the "modern" decendant of the 160/175 Hondas.... Granted, the single carb will be an impedement to ultimate speed, but not to looks (and greatly simplifies tuning)........
Actually, the CM 185/CM 200 front ends are sought out by the 160/175 racer crowd as they are a lot simpler/cleaner than the stock forks, and are the same diameter tubes. (on a 175, you use CB/CL 200 trees)...As is, the entire front end will/would bolt-on your 125 and give larger front brakes for that "boy-racer" look (if you decide to go another direction).....
Have at it!....and post pics of your progress..... :D Steve

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like a cool project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts