Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rubber on my kick start (71 SL350) seems to be slowly sliding off - or at least it wants to. It's a new OEM part that seems to be on as tight as heck. I just push it back into normal position periodically. Anyone else deal with this? Maybe I'm kicking wrong? :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Clean the Kick Starter Peg,
Clean the inside of the Rubber Cover.
Place a SMALL dab of Rubber Contact Cement (or Grip glue) on the peg replace the rubber cover.

DONE.
Yes to remove and replace it 10 years from now you will have to cut it off.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Clean the Kick Starter Peg,
Clean the inside of the Rubber Cover.
Place a SMALL dab of Rubber Contact Cement (or Grip glue) on the peg replace the rubber cover.

DONE.
Yes to remove and replace it 10 years from now you will have to cut it off.
I tried this and rubber cement alone was not sufficient to hold it in place, so I wrapped the lever with "vet" wrap, the porous stretchy tape used in the medical field, then applied cement, then installed the cover. This also works for hand grips that do not want to stay glued on.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Put a few turns of safety wire around the rubber near the end. With the wire around it the rubber can't stretch to slide off over the bump at the end,

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just did the ******* version of Mike's suggestion - pushing it towards the engine, and then a thick ziptie just inside the metal bulb on the end seems to have secured it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.