Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've stated before, I'm doing what I can myself because I enjoy learning. Such as the polishing of the aluminum bits and the plating of all the hardware and misc. clear zinc bits. I'm just about ready to move forward with the plating. I've been sorting and itemizing parts off of the CB175 parts list PDF longdistancerider was so kind enough to provide me with. I've run into a part that has me stumped, the kick start lever. Kick Start lever.jpg Has anyone ever had success with taking this apart and not damaging it?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Here is how a fellow did it on a CB72, which has a similar setup. I have use his technique to take care of what is a pain in the butt task, and it worked. Make sure you wear eye protection, because parts can fly.

If the link doesn't work right, the kickstart disassembly starts on page 111 of G-man's CB72 restoration thread.
Honda305.com Forum :: View topic - 1961 CB72 Project

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you pemdoc65! Once I knew how it was constructed specifically, disassembly was still a pain in the ass LOL. I tried this and it worked beautifully. 20180303_140930[1].jpg Used a small pick to remove the circlip .

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Excellent timing for this topic. I've been looking at getting this unit apart for plating.
Thanks Alan. I gotta say, mine turned out very nice after plating. I can't wait to get it back together :D
Unfortunately though, I've my handmade tool in the move so it looks as if another 12mm 12 point socket will be donating itself to the cause. I tried everything BUT remaking the tool. NO joy. May the lost tool be remembered fondly...!%[email protected]/!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts