Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently helped out by a forum member in aquiring a set of known to be good carbs. Thinking I was doing myself a favour and after cleaning them well I installed all new keyster hardware. USELESS CRAP. The only things that I'd use from the kit are the primary adjusters and the orings/springs.

I am still in the middle of it, but I had swapped needles back to stock to see if that was the issue of my handing rpm (I sprayed some flammable substance arount he intake boots to ensure that it is not a vac problem first).

I think the problem is visually portrayed below. Note, both needles are used oem and the seat that actually "seats" is oem. The Keyster one is way too big, allowing fuel through the needles when not actually desired, at an idle or extremely low vac (like when reving down to idle is my guess). I'll follow up with results in a couple hours, but do yourself a favour, stay away from this junk! (Tom had already warned me but I guess I had to try for myself....)

[attachment=0:3uwh5sny]Keyster **** vs oem.JPG[/attachment:3uwh5sny]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I've used keyster's and found the kit to be quite good and I'm running fine 2,500 miles later. One question though, why did you use new seats with old needles? Didn't your kit come with new needles? The needles and seats are matched sets and shouldn't be mixed an matched to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I initially used all parts suuplied and suspected the taper on the needles was wrong. In fact the needles look OK it is the seats that are garbage. I don't thin they are a matched set, but I could be wrong. keyster needle and seat was loose and floppy, fell all the way down on the needle. Stock ones fit snugly as one would imagine is needed to stop fuel flow when not required (say at an idle).

Got it running again, anyway it's back to it's old self! Keyster will remain crap in my books.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts