Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out if the motorcycle game since the early 80s when I discovered beer and women. I got married in the 97, raised two great kids, now i have a good job with extra money and picked up a 81 CM400t. Course I knew id have to work on it that was the point, a hobby, and to ride again except on street instead of dirt. It ran, but at 4500 rpms spit and sputtered and wouldn't go like it should.

I wanted to customize it is why I got the bike, like we did all our stuff in the 70s and 80s, and I wanted to bob it. I've m read up on stuff on this forum and others, found reputable online part dealers and so on so I ordered some carb kits, a new coil and so on just to get it running right...

Except, I wanted to pod the carbs so I found jetsrus, and ordered what I read to be a main 90s and secondary 150 jets... The carb kit comes with main 72 and secondary 118 but the 118 is to small threads for the spot where the longer needle jet 118 was in the carb.

Also can't find a 118 like the old one anywhere much less a 150. I hope I'm on he right track but need some clarification if possible from those in the know.

Long winded I know... But I tend to ramble, country boy thing, sorry. Any input much welcome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard. The jet is screwed into the jet holder, that's the long tube in the picture with a 7mm nut end. Primary and secondary jets are identical except for size.

Moved to SOHC Fuel section

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tubed image is a 112 jet, right? According to the old Honda manual, sect. 4, it is the secondary jet - or in the spot of it. However, the two jets in the carb kit, the 72 and the small brass 112 in the original image; the latter (112) will not thread in secondary carb port cause threads are to small. See old previous images... I’m just trying to jet these with 90s and 150s. But, can’t find a 150 like the tubed 112 anywhere... which leads me to believe I’m missing something.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
If they are not Kehien jets, you would be smart to check the size with wire gauges. Many aftermarket jets are way off. A good source is used jets from ebay.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pidjones I didn't use eBay. I used 4into1 online and outwestmotorcycles...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jet screws in top of needle tube.... wow. Missed that one. Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts