Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CL350 K3 body with an SL350 K0 engine in it that I'm rebuilding. As far as I've read there was no difference between 1970 SL K0 and a 1970 CL K2 (or CB?). Is this right? I also have a beat up 68-69 CL K0 engine and measured the valves and intake ports on the head for the SL and CL and they're the same. However, I have Keihin 722A carbs that need rebuilding and cleaning. Can I put in the correct jets (found here Honda cb350 - Pictures, tips and links - ben miranda . com) and make these work, or do I need Keihin A carbs or some modern replacement? IF the transmission has different gearing (?) would correspond to needing a different carb set-up? Or can I use the 722A carbs and have it run like a CB engine.

Break-Down:
- Is a SL350 K0 engine identical to any other 350 engine out there? If not what are the differences?
- Will 722A carbs work with SL (Ben Miranda says SL had Keihin "A" carbs, and the 722A are almost identical to 3-D)
- How much modification can you make to jetting in a carb, or, how specific are carbs to engines? can you use similar caliber carbs on similar caliber engines or is there more to it?

Thanks.

2014-05-23 21.23.49.jpg 2014-06-05 19.00.28.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
yes on all counts...
final jetting will depend on your bike at your altitude with your air filters and your exhaust.
those jetting numbers are for new all stock bikes at sea level...once you change things you you should always properly jet and tune to your conditions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts