Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CL450K1 came with Mikuni VM30 carbs. They most likely need a thorough cleaning and rebuild. Also I have no idea if they are jetted right. The hardware for a correct install isn't there so I'm thinking I should just get a decent set of original Kehin's and put it all back to stock. Also according to DimeCityCycles the correct carb for the 450 is a VM32.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
30's would be choked down a bit at the port. Theoretically they'd be easier to tune with better midrange. Stock works good and keeps it original if that's a issue. If it's something you just want to get going easily, I'd reccomend stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I'll just go stock if I can find a good set.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Does it have pod filters or still have the airboxes and filters? Pods can be a PITA to set up correctly, several threads on it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I might be interested in buying the VM30's from you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it have pod filters or still have the airboxes and filters? Pods can be a PITA to set up correctly, several threads on it.
No pods or anything other than the carbs.
I'll have to get the complete setup for stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a pair of 14H carbs off ebay. They were the dirtiest ones that I could find but they looked to be in great shape and fairly unmolested.
I figured that the dirt/oil was a kind of preservative. Well I figured correctly.
I'm cleaning one and taking pics of them both to compare. I'm using a harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner.
The bowl polished to a nice shine and the rest of it is very clean with little to no corrosion. I'll take them apart and see what the inside looks like after the exterior is clean.

Reactions: HamHock

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
14H pics

The clean one looked exactly like the dirty one before cleaning.
Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Vehicle Auto part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts