Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bike is a 75 CB360t. I was messing around with wiring for tail light/turn signals, re-routing & generally just cleaning up the rats nest that was there. I ran a 10a fuse from the kohler rectifier/regulator & I always remove the fuse when I work on wiring. I wasn't even messing with the kohler but when I put the fuse back in it today it blew instantly. What do I need to be looking for to fix this? I've ran this kohler unit since last summer without issue.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Kohler? What kind of tractor is this installed?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
75 cb360t. Will a break in the wire from the fused line running from the positive battery terminal blow a fuse? The line is a little longer than it needs to be & I've got some pretty sharp kinks in it.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Point #1...There is USUALLY no need for a fuse in the recharging circuit...( Honda does not use one in the original set-up)...
Point#2... The fact that you have one that is blowing indicates a gross failure of the unit....Unless that kinked wire is shorting to a ground,....
Normally, the recharging circuit is separate from the rest of the bikes electrical systems other than the connections to the battery.
Your fuse blowing immediately indicates a direct short to ground which seems to/would normally indicate that at least two of the four diodes in the unit are "fried/shorted" rather than "fried/open"...
QUESTIONS?.... Phone me at 540-525-5199

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Point #1...There is USUALLY no need for a fuse in the recharging circuit...( Honda does not use one in the original set-up)...
Point#2... The fact that you have one that is blowing indicates a gross failure of the unit....Unless that kinked wire is shorting to a ground,....
Normally, the recharging circuit is separate from the rest of the bikes electrical systems other than the connections to the battery.
Your fuse blowing immediately indicates a direct short to ground which seems to/would normally indicate that at least two of the four diodes in the unit are "fried/shorted" rather than "fried/open"...
QUESTIONS?.... Phone me at 540-525-5199
Hey man, appreciate giving me your phone number. I'm going to replace the reg/rec. I almost forgot making a stupid mistake that I didn't think about until now. Forgot to remove the fuse & all 3 contacts on the kohler touched the rear fender. I'm picking up the sparck moto unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts